Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SOUNDTRACK MUSIC FOR A LAZY AMERICA! WAKE UP PEOPLE!



This is a music player for my band Soundtrack Music. I have to promote our new album everywhere I can. You know, one thing I notice is it is harder and harder to get people to click "Play" anymore on Facebook. I think America is getting lazier. Back in the day a friend of mine named Matt Kiefer and I used to walk the streets handing out flyers and get eager people to pack and sell out local venue Mr. Smalls. These days you ask people on Facebook to click play, or to check out YOUR NEW BLOG and it seems as though they are too lazy. Today I asked people to comment on some blog posts all day and we got ONE, count-em, ONE person who was not too lazy to comment. One person actually told me "It told me I need a password for Google." REALLY?! It takes all buy 25 seconds to make a Gmail account! Maybe that is the reason America is the country of the fattest gluttony known to mankind. People sit on the web all day looking at youtube, Facebook posts, and are too lazy to click a play button to open their minds a bit and check out some new music, or too lazy to click a blog link and write a SIMPLE SENTANCE OR TWO in response to a blog related to current events. It's no wonder why people in this country no longer have their own opinions to voice. They watch their MTV, and listen to their rappers who voice uneducated and lazy opinions for them. When I spoke of a "New American Dream" this was the exact thing I was trying to save us from! It is time we make a change, stand up and use our voices, let them be heard, discover new things by actually LISTENING to the new music that your local artists promote and not what MTV feeds you, and more importantly, to have an opinion. This is NOT the New American Dream, and tonight, in this nation of dummies, I go to bed disgusted. Goodnight America, for tomorrow you will wake up and have your opinions voiced for you so you no longer have to speak. Instead you can sit back, eat another twinky, stay silent as the night, and the rest of us with souls will sit back and watch the life being slowly sucked out of our generation. A generation that should be at it's prime, full of vigor and more outspoken and wondrous than ANYBODY! I hope we are willing to change, open our minds to new possibilities, open our ears to new music even if it means taking ALL OF THAT TIME AND ENERGY TO CLICK A LINK YOU ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH instead of being spoon fed your music that's manufactured for you, open our mouths to speak and be not afraid to speak the truth, for I truly fear my generation is headed towards becoming, if we already are not, a dead generation. For the first time in American History, the Dead Twenty Somethings. Tonight I go to bed a little bit disappointed feeling as though peers are uneducated, misled, spoon fed, and trained to sit back in a mesmerized trance like TRUE zombies.... Maybe this is where the George A. Romero movie starts if my peers do not soon WAKE UP!

Author: Edward R. Perkovic











                             

No comments:

Post a Comment