Friday, August 5, 2011

Getting to know me. by Rick Cercone


Hello everyone. This is my first blog so I thought I'd start it off by telling you some interesting things about me.

I'd like to thank Eddie Perkovic for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts, ideas and opinions with all of you.

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask.

Welcome to my blog! This is my first attempt in this endeavor of creating a blog for other people to find interesting and actually enjoy. We'll see how that turns out.
When Eddie P asked me to join his guild and blog for "Mistakes We Knew We Were Making" a rush of excitement filled me entirely, shortly followed by a slight rush of panic; what the hell am I going to write about? Who the hell cares what I write?
I decided to not care about either of those questions right now and just do what comes naturally to me, write. I write as often as I can. For the most part my writing is sporadic and unorganized to the full extent. I don't mind though, I just write to write. When I come up with something I really do like, I put it somewhere safe. Most of my writing includes but is not limited to poetry, fiction, non-fiction, and screenplays. Discussing environmental issues is something I'd like to do more of. I will tell you why shortly. I also think that starting off a blog with a brief autobiographical statement might help the readers understand who exactly the hell I am.
I have lived in Pittsburgh my entire life. For a brief period of time I was based out of Johnstown, whilst in school there, but I still called Pittsburgh my home. Pittsburgh. "The City of Champions."
"The drinking town with a football and hockey problem."  The Dump-site for millions of gallons of toxic wastewater per day (That's another blog, another time).
I work for Clean Water Action. It is a non profit organization dedicated to the protection of drinking water and waterways in Pennsylvania. I am very passionate about the work I am doing. Helping to work on the single handed greatest of issues, for what is without a doubt our most precious resource, water. People will fight for oil, but they will kill for water. Some tend to think water is an inexhaustible resource that is infinite. This is not true.
The demand for clean drinking water will grow and grow, and someday cause widespread panic, but I digress. I will talk more on this subject in the future, and hopefully you will listen.
I also paint, strictly abstract art, because it can be chaotic, and never duplicated, as well as "a bad piece" but still alright in someone's eyes.
I am starting massage therapy school at the end of September this year. I give the best massages, or so I've heard from countless people. To give massages and write for a living would be my ideal "life," and I am close to reaching that goal.
I meditate daily, and have been doing so for about two years now. If you have never tried meditation give it a try. It might just change your life. It changed mine. I also practice energy healing, and divination.
I watch movies everyday, of all genres, and all budgets. I love movies. Who doesn't love a cinematic adventure? Like I said before I write screenplays, and my love for movies obviously has a lot to do with that. Right now I am working on a horror movie, and my small goal is to have it produced and put on Netflix. I will aim for the stars after I've achieved that.
I have a niece and nephew (twins) who are the world to me. I love them with every fiber of my being and would die for them in a heartbeat. I watch them sometimes during the week. I will help my mom out with them. They are two handfuls, but they always put a smile on my face.
I am creative, funny, charming, romantic. spontaneous, intelligent, enigmatic, and there are many other words to describe me. You will come to find out all of them in time. I hope you enjoy this blog. If you don't then f*** off! Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. This is Eddie, the other author of this blog writing to say this: MUCH PROPS ON YOUR FIRST BLOG RICK!! I Thoroughly enjoyed what you had to say, and not knowing you work for clean water which I have once worked for, I can't WAIT to hear you stance on some of those issues in future blogs! Keep up the good work and remember that I would like to shoot for a couple coffees, and us with our laptops at a coffee shop co-writing a blog together! You have very interesting things to say and I couldn't ask for a single BETTER partner to have on my team with this blog! I want to thank you for all of the kind words you had to say about me, as they really meant a lot to me and touched me somewhere deep near my heart. THREE CHEERS TO A MASTERFUL FIRST OFFERING! "Getting To Know Me" is something EVERYONE can relate to and I challenge the entire online community to read it, and give responses. Also, to write back and ask you questions as you have offered them the chance to do!
    Yours,
    Eddie Perkovic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eddie, your kind words are also much appreciated, and I am looking forward to our collaborative efforts.

    ReplyDelete